Our aim is to find you the perfect property to suit your requirements with the minimum of hassle.
Finding a property:
The first step is to contact us to provide brief details about yourself and about the accommodation you require. We then search our database for suitable properties for you to view. If not urgent, we log your details so that we can contact you as suitable properties become available. It is wise to start looking about a month before you wish to move, as the nicer properties are viewed and reserved quickly. Our tenancies are granted for a minimum term of 6 months, which may be renewed if all parties are in agreement.
* To view our selection of available properties to let please click on ‘Property Search’ on the right
* To register your requirements please click on ‘Register’ above
Please note that for your safety and peace of mind –
* All of our managed properties are Gas Safe certificated
* We are registered for Client Money Protection with Client Money Protect.
Viewings will be arranged at times to suit you, including evenings and weekends where possible, and you will be accompanied by a member of staff, who can give advice and answer any questions you may have.
Reserving the property:
Once you have decided on a property, you will need to reserve it by paying a ‘holding deposit’ (aka ‘reservation deposit’), which is the referencing fee per person of £150 each including VAT plus 1/5 of your deposit.
Assuming that the tenancy goes ahead, the 1/5 deposit paid will be deducted from the monies due before you move in. If the landlord declines to grant the tenancy, it will be refunded less our admin fee. However the deposit will be forfeit if you decide not to proceed for any reason, or if you fail to provide complete and accurate information in your application.
As a minimum we will require satisfactory references from your employer (or college), a previous or current landlord, and a credit reference report. We may also require a personal reference, and sometimes a guarantor. We use the services of an independent referencing company to obtain and evaluate these references.
Rents are normally quoted per calendar month, and are payable monthly in advance. The tenant is usually also responsible for Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas, Electricity and Telephone costs. All rents are payable by bank standing order to our company bank account or your landlord’s bank account.
A security deposit equivalent to one and a half’s month’s rental will normally be required. Where pets are residing at the property, this will be increased.
This deposit will be treated in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Protection regulations, and you will be informed of which protection scheme is utilized. The deposit is held to cover damage, breakages, and any other liabilities under the terms of your tenancy agreement. Please note that under no circumstances can the deposit be used by the tenant to cover rent.
We charge a modest fee per applicant to cover administration and referencing costs. Charges are currently £150 including VAT per applicant.
Upon tenancy renewal, the tenants will be required to pay £60 inclusive of VAT, towards the cost of drawing up new tenancy agreements. This is not per person but per property.
- Check out Fee – £60 incl VAT (Only if we attend more than once)
- Overpaid Rent – £24.00 inc VAT (Where the s/o has not been cancelled at tenancy end)
- Duplication of paperwork – £24.00 inc VAT
- Tenancy Renewal Fee – £60.00 inc VAT
- Early Release Fee – £300.00 inc VAT
- Deposit Registration Fee – £24.00 inc VAT
- Pet policy fee – £200.00 and then £100.00 per additional pet (refundable one month after termination of tenancy, subject to there being no issues